The privacy of your data is important. We only collect the data we need to operate.
What we collect and why
The following applies to everything on the Exploriter website (exploriter.com). We will never sell your data under any circumstances.
We use Fathom analytics to see the aggregate data for metrics like most popular pages and top referrers. This is a privacy-focused analytics company and it collects zero personal information and is fully GDPR and Cookie Directive compliant (no cookies!).
There are two circumstances where we come to have your email address.
- When you opt-in to receive our email newsletter or any other correspondence or content (updates, products).
- If you contact us at any of our email addresses.
In both cases, we keep your email address to deliver the content you asked for or to provide customer service. We use ConvertKit to send our newsletter and marketing emails. In each email you receive from us there is a link to update your email address or remove yourself from our list.
III. Ad Conversions
IV. Links to Other Sites & Embedded Content
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
V. Web Server Logs
We use WP Engine to host our website. As is true of most website hosts, they gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, the files viewed on the website (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and help administer the site. We have no responsibility for this collection and use.
Your rights with respect to your information
We apply the same data rights to all customers, regardless of their location. Currently, some of the most privacy-forward regulations in place are the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) in the US. Exploriter recognizes all of the rights granted in these regulations, except as limited by applicable law. These rights include:
- Right to Know. You have the right to know what personal information is collected, used, shared, or sold
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security, and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure / “To Be Forgotten”. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information is erased from our possession and, by extension, all of our service providers.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request the restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting out of the sale of personal information.
- Right to Object. You have the right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for the performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable law, or is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. This right stems from the CCPA. We do not and will not charge you a different amount to use our products, offer you different discounts, or give you a lower level of customer service because you have exercised your data privacy rights. However, the exercise of certain rights (such as the right “to be forgotten”) may, by virtue of your exercising those rights, prevent you from using our website or any products therein.
Changes & Questions
We will not announce changes but will keep this page updated. You can see the date of the last update below.
If you have any questions please reach out to Jason Watson at