- Transferred all my journal notes to this changelog and backdated the posts.
- Adjusted the CSS for page navigation.
- Set up the
exploriter.comDNS and SSL certificate.
- Went through the Rank Math setup wizard and completed most of the site SEO.
- Designed a temp logo until I can pay a professional.
- Added the favicon.
- Set up the privacy-focused Fathom Analytics with a newsletter opt-in goal.
This business changelog is updated regularly. It tracks progress and records milestones for Exploriter. The good, the bad, and the ugly. If you have ever been interested in what goes on, day-to-day, while growing a business and brand of this sort, this may provide some insight.
- Built the changelog microblog.
- Designed some progress sidebar widgets.
- Started a FAQ widget.
- Re-styled the blog single pages and made some CSS adjustments for Safari and Firefox.
- Found the Rank Math SEO plugin and replaced The SEO Framework. I prefer the polish and attention to detail.
- Finished changing everything from THRY Works → Exploriter.
- Can’t believe I didn’t check this earlier… the name “exploriter” is available everywhere: the .com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube…
- Spent the day changing everything and updating usernames.
- Updated the copy for the newsletter to remove “…for life and business” as that phrasing is already used by FS.
- Rewrote the “start here” copy.
- Added more snippets to the “Roam theme CSS snippets” draft.
- Removed the Substack page.
- Got caught up in designing a funnel for future email marketing.
- Fiddled with about 1000 CSS changes.
- Started ideating about a microblog to house these notes.
- Set up a Facebook page for THRY Works. Not sure if I’ll use it. Feeling anti-Facebook vibes.
thryworks.comand thinking of using that instead of
- Set up the site footer.
- Researched SEO plugins for WP.
- Went with The SEO Framework.