- Editing of “Building a profitable writing habit”.
This business changelog is updated regularly. It tracks progress and records milestones for Exploriter. The good, the bad, and the ugly. If you have ever been interested in what goes on, day-to-day, while growing a business and brand of this sort, this may provide some insight.
- Quietly made the website public before the official launch in a few days.
- Tested a Twitter “quick promote” on a random Tweet about writing. An interesting first data point for what $50 got me:
- 1 retweet
- 17 likes
- 2 followers
- 3 low-quality comments
- Added ‘milestones’ to the business changelog (see Log #1).
- Traveled back in time to make a Guestbook. Will design it later and perhaps also create a fun #BringBackGuestbooks campaign.
- Final draft of “Building a profitable writing habit”.
- Second draft of “Building a writing habit”.
- Filled out the FAQ in the sidebar of the changelog and adjusted its CSS.
- Rewrote the home page again. Made it simpler. Still not happy with it. Needs the newsletter opt-in. Will redesign it when I have more content to work with.
- Spent a lot of time configuring the CDN and WP Rocket. Far too much time for a site that has zero traffic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Lots of CSS tweaks; especially for mobile.
- Paid for a year of WP Rocket.
- Transferred all my journal notes to this changelog and backdated the posts.
- Adjusted the CSS for page navigation.
- Set up the
exploriter.comDNS and SSL certificate.
- Went through the Rank Math setup wizard and completed most of the site SEO.
- Designed a temp logo until I can pay a professional.
- Added the favicon.
- Set up the privacy-focused Fathom Analytics with a newsletter opt-in goal.
- Built the changelog microblog.
- Designed some progress sidebar widgets.
- Started a FAQ widget.
- Re-styled the blog single pages and made some CSS adjustments for Safari and Firefox.